Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Who needs to really go to Mount Hood!

Well, we awoke at our normal time this morning, I was going to get ready for a dentist appointment, and get the kids off to school before I went. I looked out the back and saw the "white stuff" all over the yard, then looked out the front, same again.

We checked on the TV and online, apparently the schools were still open, and work does not close - you generally should attend regardless - unless it is unsafe to do so.

I dropped the kids off, and headed to my appointment. It took me about 5 minutes to realize that it was going to be a long drive. There was already an accident between a bus and three cars (not serious, but blocking most of the road.) There were other issues with drivers who really had NO IDEA how to drive with snow, and what happens when you drive in this weather.

When I got to the dentist, they were closed. I was stuck, bucause I was NOT going to head back out with all of the other people on the road. Let's just say that Starbucks was doing a roaring trade. (There were A LOT of people in the same boat.)

I waited for around 45 minutes, when I found out that I needed to go back to the school as it had been closed, and we needed to pick up the kids. It was the slowest drive on normal roads I have ever taken. It was like driving in a precession. I did not go faster than around 15 miles per hour.

I made it home without incident, and the kids made it back. We are snug in the house, the kids tried making a snowman, but that failed. (Too cold on their hands they said.) I look out the window at other kids who are currently having a snow fight.

Work has closed as of 2pm today, and we are not sure what tomorrow will bring. Let's just say - we wished we had weather like this at Christmas, it is amazing, and asides from what it does to the roads - it is great fun! Check out what it really looked like!




No comments: